Recipe Tim Tam spread
Tim Tam spread... Tim Tam butter... Whatever you want to call it, it's super tasty and easy to make!
What do you need:
- Ziplock bag
- Rolling pin
- 18 Tim Tams
- 300 ml thickened cream
What should you do:
- Place the Tim Tams in a large ziplock bag and roll them over with a rolling pin (they don't need to be crushed, chunks are fine).
- Place the crushed Tim Tams in a medium saucepan with cream and put on low heat.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the cream filling and chocolate coating of the Tim Tams melts and mixes with the cream.
- Stir until the cookie crumbs are soft and the mixture has melted together. There may be some lumps left over, but that's no problem!
- Remove the Tim Tam mixture from the heat and puree it with an immersion blender until it is thick and shiny (no more lumps! You want a silky smooth mixture).
- Put the Tim Tam spread in a clean glass jar and keep it in the fridge. The spread has a shelf life of one week.
With this recipe you make about 500 ml Tim Tam butter.
How can you eat the Tim Tam spread?
- On toast
- As a dip for fruit (strawberries mmm)
- As a filling for a cake
- As chocolate milk (2 tablespoons through hot milk)
- As a crepe filling
Credits to Bellyrumbles