Tim Tam Mousse
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 25g butter, finely chopped
- 2 eggs separated
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 packet Original Tim Tam biscuits
- Place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add butter. Stir until smooth. Set aside for 2 minutes. Stir in egg yolks.
- Place ¾ cup cream in a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold cream into chocolate mixture. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the egg white. Fold in remaining egg white.
- Finely chop 7 Tim Tam biscuits and fold into mousse. Spoon mousse into 1 cup- capacity glasses. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Using an electric mixer beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Chop remaining Tim Tam biscuits. Top mousse with whipped cream and Tim Tam just before serving.