Tim Tam Cheesecake
- 125 grams of plain chocolate biscuits (you can also replace these with Tim Tams - do not use the malt powder than)
- 75 grams of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon malt powder
For the cheesecake filling:
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 375 grams of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thick cream
- 180 grams of white chocolate, melted
- 300 grams of Tim Tam biscuits
- Grease a round springform pan and cover the base with baking paper.
- Crumble the chocolate biscuits with a mixer. Add the melted butter and malt powder. Combine the three. Divide the mixture evenly over the base and press it with a spoon.
- Chop 200 grams of the Tim Tam Biscuits in large and small pieces.
- Put the water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the water. Put the bowl on top of a pan with boiling water. Stir it until the gelatine is melted. Let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and the caster sugar until it is smooth.
- Beat in the thick cream until it is combined and repeat this with the white chocolate and the gelatine mixture.
- Stir the chopped Tim Tam biscuits through it and divide the filling over the base. Put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours until it is set.
- Break up the remaining Tim Tam biscuits and sprinkle them on top of the cheesecake.
You are done! Now it is time to enjoy your self-made Tim Tam cheesecake!